Today you can find wrinkle creams online, in department stores and in drugstores. Most creams promise to offer dramatic results, helping to resolve your anti-aging concerns. Of course, you’re probably wondering if these skin creams can actually eliminate wrinkles and other signs of aging. Research shows that some of these creams and lotions for wrinkles can provide results, but the results do depend on the ingredients the product uses. It’s important to realize that a cream is only as good as its ingredients, which is why you need to know what ingredients to look for when purchasing a cream to eliminate wrinkles.
Popular Ingredients in Anti-Aging Skin Creams
The effectiveness of any cream for wrinkles is going to be dependent on the ingredients it contains. The following are a few of the popular ingredients used in anti-aging creams today, as well as a look at how they work.
– Coenzyme Q10 – This ingredient is actually a nutrient known to help with the regulation of cell energy production. It is known to help protect against sun damage and aids with the reduction of wrinkles. It is one of the ingredients that is safe to use around the eye area as well.
– Retinol – Retinol, often referred to as Vitamin A, is an antioxidant that is found in many non-prescription skin creams today. Antioxidants like retinal work to help neutralize free radicals, which are known to cause wrinkles, fine lines and other signs of aging. While retinol isn’t as strong as tretinoin, which is a Vitamin A form only available with a prescription, it still can provide results.
– Copper Peptides – Copper happens to be a trace element that every cell contains and in skin creams for wrinkles, it is used in combination with peptides. Peptides are small fragments of protein. The copper peptides help to stimulate collagen production and boost the way antioxidants work.
– Hydroxy Acids – Some of the hydroxyl acids often found in anti-aging skin creams include poly hydroxyl acids, alpha hydroxyl acids and beta hydroxyl acids. Each acid works as an exfoliant, which helps to remove dead skin cells. It also stimulates new skin growth.
– Tea extracts – The extracts from oolong, black and green tea are often used in creams and lotions for wrinkles because of their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. The anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce any inflammation in the skin and the antioxidants help to fight off the free radicals that cause premature aging to occur.
Other Points to Consider
When choosing creams to treat wrinkles, the ingredients definitely must be considered. However, other points need to be considered when trying to choose a quality cream that provides results. First, you should consider the cost of the cream. While many people expect creams for wrinkles to perform better if they cost more, a higher cost doesn’t mean a cream is more effective.
You also need to consider the side effects of a cream or lotion for wrinkles before deciding if it’s a good purchase. Some anti-aging products are known to cause side effects like redness, rashes, burning and skin irritation. To minimize the chance of side effects, it’s important to carefully follow the instructions that come with the product.
Of course, not every product for wrinkles works the same for everyone. Everyone has a different skin type, which means that what works for you may not work the same for someone else. For the best results, look for skin creams for wrinkles that have quality ingredients and then give a product a few weeks before deciding whether it works for you. These products often need to be applied for several weeks before you will begin seeing the results you want. tazarotene cream